To your new girl

2:07:00 AM

When she asks about me, and she would, lie. Don't tell her about the endless conversations we had. Don't tell her about the stupid things that we laughed about. Don't tell her about our hopes and the dreams we built together. When she asks, don't tell her about that time you traveled far just to give me that stupid toy I didn't really like so much. Don't tell her about the games we played during long drives. Don't tell her about how you'd let me fall asleep in your arms and wake up exactly how we fell asleep. Don't tell her about those times you whispered sweet nothings when you thought i was fast asleep. Don't tell her about those times you let me win over silly and petty arguments. Don't tell her about how you'd just hug me and tell me how much you love me when I'm a monster. Don't tell her about that one time you showed up at 3am just to hug me. Don't tell her about those times we cried endlessly because of a pointless discussion, how we didn't let go of each other afterwards. Don't tell her about the surprises we did for each other, about the cheesy messages we wrote. Don't tell her about the dance number we planned to do on our wedding day. Don't tell her about the vows we made, how forever was not enough. Don't tell her about that day you waited for me for hours, really hated me, but continued waiting for me anyway.

When she asks, give her answers but don't let her know how intertwined we were. Give her answers because she won't believe it if you tell her we were nothing, after years of being together.

Most importantly, don't let her go through what i did. Give her the happy ending you weren't able to give me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

View my food journey on Zomato!

Total Pageviews