B. I. G. Day 2: Lakawon Island Resort and Spa | Bacolod City

7:04:00 PM


We had to wake up early the next day to make the most of the time we have left before we check-out. First order of business after getting ready to head out was of course breakfast!
Tocilog (with coffee or hot choco) for 200 pesos
I asked the lady at the cashier if the serving is good for two and she said it's good for only one. Nope, this was good for two and I'm an ulam person. Share it with someone then just order extra rice (15 pesos). 
The rest of the day in Lakawon was spent roaming around, taking pictures, napping, taking a dip, more napping, and an hour or two in Taw Hai, the floating bar!
So nice to have bean bags by the shore!
Undeniably my favorite spot!
Under the bridge
First deck of the floating bar (Grabbed this photo from their website)
Super chill place! This floating bar is such a cool idea if the 250 entrance fee came with free drinks! We should've spent the evening here. 
You can tell that I'm so in love with being an island girl. You can walk around without any pants, not brush your hair, not wear make-up, and be lazy!
 We had to get back from the floating bar around 11 A.M. and get our stuff ready for check-out.

After Lakawon Island, we went to The Hostelry in Bacolod and spent the night there. From Lakawon, boat to the port, then tricycle to the terminal, then bus to Bacolod, then a cab to the hostel. Please insist on following the meter when riding the cab there.
Our room at The Hostelry
What joy to have your own bathroom!
Upon checking in, we just left our stuff in our rooms and went to the cafe right away for late lunch. Food was pretty decent.
Cafe's pride, chicken sandwich. It was okay. Don't wanna brag but I can make a better one than this. 
Quiapo halo-halo special. Ask for sugar and milk. Good for two or three. 
After lunch, we decided to go to a nearby drugstore for some antacid and antihistamine and on our way back to the hostel we met Nelson!

Yeah I was creepy and all the moment I saw this humongous doggo! Good thing the human he was with was friendly and patient too just like him. We followed him and asked for a photo upon reaching McDonald's. Nelson was just so cool! I wanted to follow him some more but they started running shortly after this photo was taken.

When we got back, I took a nap while charging my phone. Later that night, I met up with some old colleagues at Lion's Grill for dinner. It was a short meeting and I also couldn't stay too late. I'm not sure what the others did but I think they went to Calea for some cakes. They initially wanted to go out and experience Bacolod's night life but we were all exhausted from the traveling I guess that we just called it a night before 12mn.

Anyway, here's what day 2 cost us:
Cab fee was good for 4 and the dinner at Lion's Grill was good for 6. 
Guimaras tomorrow!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

View my food journey on Zomato!

Total Pageviews