Songs you should avoid when you’re fucked up

11:41:00 PM

“To burn with desire and keep quiet about it is the greatest punishment we can bring on ourselves.”
Federico García Lorca, Blood Wedding and Yerma
You know those sayings about music? Like, without music there's no life? Music keeps us alive? Things like that? I never truly believed in those until recently. I mean, it was never an essential part of my life, until this falling apart incident. 

When I stopped telling people about my problems (I felt they've had enough), writing has become a bit arduous and bitter, and reading lost it's appeal, music remained. It stayed, we never got tired of each other. I didn't have to do or say anything but hit the play button. 

I know there's a better playlist out there but these songs, while they kept me sad for a long time, gave me company. I listened to them day in and day out. I listened to them until everyone in the office got tired of me singing to them. I listened to them and genuinely felt that they were written only for me. It was that bad. Sometimes, I don't even notice that I'm already crying, but the good kind of crying. 

*Delicate - Damien Rice
So why do you fill my sorrow 
With the words you've borrowed 
From the only place you've know 
And why do you sing Hallelujah 
If it means nothing to you 
Why do you sing with me at all? 

*Oh Well - Boyz II Men 
Since you've been gone I've been lonely 
Longing to be with you only 
If there's a way 
I could beg you to stay would you please 
Stay with me.

Your Ghost - Greg Laswell
If I walk down this hallway tonight it's too quiet
So I pad through the dark and call you on the phone
Push your old numbers and let your house ring
'Til I wake your ghost

I'll Remember - Madonna
And I'll remember the love that you gave me
Now that I'm standing on my own
I'll remember the way that you changed me
I'll remember

*9 Crimes - Damien Rice
eave me out with the waste 
This is not what I do 
It's the wrong kind of place 
To be cheating on you 
It's the wrong time 
She's pulling me through 
It's a small crime 
And I've got no excuse 

Invisible Man - 98 Degrees
I wish you'd look at me that way
Your beautiful eyes looking deep into mine
Telling me more than any words could say
But you don't even know I'm alive
Baby, to you, all I am is the invisible man 
(you don't see me baby)

Ain't No Sunshine - Eva Cassidy
Ain't no sunshine when he's gone
It's not warm when he's away
Ain't no sunshine when he's gone
And he's always gone to long 
Anytime he goes away

Breathing - Lifehouse
'Cause I am hanging on every word you say and, 
Even if you don't want to speak tonight that's alright, 
Alright with me.
'Cause I want nothing more than to sit outside Heaven's door and listen to you breathing,
Is where I want to be.
Yeah. Where I want to be.
Let Me In - Save Ferris
What happened to the way we used to love
It seemed as though life had just begun

The Man Who Can't Be Moved - The Script
'Cause if one day you wake up and find that you're missing me
And your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I could be
Thinking maybe you'll come back here to the place that we'd meet
And you see me waiting for you on the corner of the street
Why - Avril Lavigne
Why, do you always do this to me?
Why, couldn't you just see through me?
How come, you act like this
Like you just don't care at all

Without You - Charlie Wilson
Heaven knows what to say 
Even though for right now you're so far away 
I hope and I pray 
Somewhere in your heart I'll always stay 

Breakeven - The Script
What am I supposed to do when the best part of me was always you, 
And what am I supposed to say when I'm all choked up that you're ok
I'm falling to pieces, yeah, 
I'm falling to pieces

*Angel - Sarah Machlachlan
Spend all your time waiting
For that second chance
For a break that would make it okay
There's always some reason
To feel not good enough
And it's hard at the end of the day
I need some distraction
Oh beautiful release
Memories seep from my veins
Let me be empty and weightless
And maybe I'll find some peace tonight

Faraway - Nickelback
I have loved you all along
And I miss you
Been far away for far too long
I keep dreaming you'll be with me and you'll never go
Stop breathing if I don't see you anymore
“Because, if you could love someone, and keep loving them, without being loved back . . . then that love had to be real. It hurt too much to be anything else.”
Sarah Cross, Kill Me Softly
Any nice songs for a lady who's heart is broken?

*Super faves!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Total Pageviews